Paid workshops (Pre-Conference)
The following paid pre-conference workshops will be offered:
- OSHA 10 Hour (June 19-20)
- OSHA Recordkeeping Rule (June 20, 2017-8 AM-12 PM)
- VPP Application Workshop (June 20, 2017-8AM to 3 PM)
- Strengthening Star Quality Workshop (June 20, 2017 - 8AM to 12PM)
Free WORKSHOPS (PRE-CONFERENCE)
* Included in Conference Registration
The following free pre-conference workshops are included in the attendee registration rate. They are June 20, 2017 - 1:00 PM to 2:30 PM.
- VPP 101
- Safety Leadership: Conventional Wisdom & Unintended Consequences
- When your Body Wears Out - Where are you Going to Live?
- Preparing for your First VPP Audit
- Conference First Timers Workshop
- Risk Reduction Programs in Healthcare - Improving Costs: Are They Worth It?
CONFERENCE BREAKOUT WoRKshops
Special Government Employee (SGE) Workshop
June 18-20, 2017
The Special Government Employee (SGE) Program was established to allow industry employees to work alongside OSHA during Voluntary Protection Programs' (VPP) onsite evaluations. Not only does this innovative program benefit OSHA by supplementing its on-site evaluation teams, but it gives industry and government an opportunity to work together and share views and ideas.
Qualified volunteers from VPP sites are eligible to participate in the SGE program. These volunteers must be approved by OSHA and funded by their companies to participate. After submitting an application and completing the required training, these volunteers are sworn in as SGEs and are approved to assist as VPP on-site evaluation team members.
This class runs from June 18 - 20, 2017 and is offered by OSHA. Region IV VPPPA hosts the training prior to our conference. Once completing the class, all participants are sworn in as a SGE and will be eligible to participate in an OSHA VPP Audit.
For more information and forms to complete for training, click link below. Deadline to signup is April 15, 2017.