Paid workshops (Pre-Conference)
The following paid pre-conference workshops will be offered:
- How to Re-Boot an Off Track BBS Process (June 19, 2018: 8 AM-12 PM)
- VPP Application Workshop (June 19, 2018: 8AM to 2:30 PM)
- Strengthening Star Quality Workshop (June 19, 2018 - 8AM to 12PM)
Free WORKSHOPS (PRE-CONFERENCE)
* Included in Conference Registration
The following free pre-conference workshops are included in the attendee registration rate. They are June 19, 2018 - 1:00 PM to 2:30 PM.
- VPP 101
- Conference First Timers Workshop
- 4 Step Incident Analysis (ITA)
- Safety Begins in the Hiring Process
- The Lucky Factor: Mistakes That Gets Us Hurt
- The Seven Delusions in Disaster-Prone Org
Conference Breakout Sessions
Special Government Employee (SGE) Workshop
June 17-19, 2018
The Special Government Employee (SGE) Program was established to allow industry employees to work alongside OSHA during Voluntary Protection Programs' (VPP) onsite evaluations. Not only does this innovative program benefit OSHA by supplementing its on-site evaluation teams, but it gives industry and government an opportunity to work together and share views and ideas.
Qualified volunteers from VPP sites are eligible to participate in the SGE program. These volunteers must be approved by OSHA and funded by their companies to participate. After submitting an application and completing the required training, these volunteers are sworn in as SGEs and are approved to assist as VPP on-site evaluation team members.
This class runs from June 17-19, 2018 and is offered by OSHA. Region IV VPPPA will hosts the training prior to our conference at the Beau Rivage. Once completing the class, all participants are sworn in as a SGE and will be eligible to participate in an OSHA VPP Audit.
For more information and forms to complete for training, click link below. Deadline to signup is April 15, 2018.